Breastfeeding Community
Baby eating more frequently after exclusively pumping

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, breast and nipple care, feeding techniques, inadequate milk supply, nutrition, proper baby positioning, and work and travel issues.

i just started EBF 4 days ago after EPing for 6 weeks.
she always seems hungry because shes not eating as much as she was from the bottle. so shes only getting like 1-1.5 hr naps now. which ***** for me. im more tired now then i was the 1st 5 weeks she was home. ughh and shes not sleeping well at night anymore either. i try to keep her up as much as i can during the day. i feed her then play with her, then she sometimes wants to eat again before she goes down for a nap (1hr after her feeding), so i know shes getting frustrated with the slow flow of my breasts compared to the bottle. maybe it would just be easier to give her expressed milk. my supply is definately leveling out to her needs because my boobs aren't full in the MOTN or in the morning anymore. my boobs rarely feel full ever. is that normal at 6 weeks postpartum? also she is used to getting more sleep so when shes hungry she will sit in her bed and wake up every 5min but stay asleep. (if that makes sense) should i grab her and wake her up/feed her? or should i let her rest until she's hungry enough for her to wake fully?
Nursing directly from the breast is harder and baby will feed more often, it will get easier though, in a few weeks she will be nursing for just 15 minutes or so at a time and the time between feed will spread out. It is normal for you milk production to even out by now and for you not to have that really full feeling. Also at around six week she will be hitting another growth spurt stage so will want feeding more frequently.
Would it be possible for you to do a combination of breast and bottle feeding? Maybe expressing and bottle feeding at night will satisfy her for longer and give you that extra bit of sleep you need.
Best of luck.
yeah i could definately do bottle feeding too and i wouldnt mind it because i could be saving some milk too if she doesnt eat it all, but i didnt want her to get confused. even though im using the playtex ventaire bottles with the wide nipples. the flow is pretty fast so its hard for her to eat sometimes. i just dont want her to get confused or prefer the bottle so i was going to wait a bit longer to reintroduce the bottle and just feed her the bottle right before bed (during the cluster feeding) and pump right before i go to bed.