Bowls for breastfed babies
Is it normal for a baby to have a little butt rash?  I read that breastfed babies are subject to having more diaper rashes because they have more poo than normal.
Mine never did but I always put rash meds on every time I changed them.
My little girl has sensative skin and gets rashes any time she has soft stools aka bm poop. I feel so bad for her, cause it takes time to get rid of it- good thing she loves baths!!
Hmm, never noticed any rashes until lately and it's more from certain foods I think he eats. Maybe the rashes show up from what you eat and passes on to them.
10 wks & none yet. i change diaper every two hours (at feeds) and anytime in-between that i notice she is wet.
As we chatted about yes Ellie had horrid bleeding diaper rash and EBF she also pooped like 12 plus times per day :P little poop machine haha
Try adding probiotics to her food. My son, who was exclusively breastfed, had terrible diaper rash all the time. The doc said it was because the flora in his stomach had a tad too much acidity. The amount of poo has nothing to do with it. You can buy culturetelle at target- it's a powder you can add to water or baby food that is full of probiotics. You could also try baby yogurt.
Thanks ladies... the rash seems to have gone away, but it was scaring me for a moment there...
My daughter was EBF and often went 10-14 days without stools. She hardly ever had diaper rash, was rare with her. I guess every baby is different, sometimes it may have to do with what you have eaten which is passed onto the baby.
Well, diaper rash is definitely less likely and I am glad your baby’s rash cleared up, but if it happens again you might find it interesting that there are many other uses for mother’s milk than feeding. Some women have found that by squirting breastmilk on their baby’s bottom, it helps clear up the rash since breastmilk contains anti-parasites, antibodies, and anti-viruses…. It’s no wonder!
Mature I've heard the same thing. Maybe I better practice my aim ;)
Hahahaha I always love your posts for this reason. :) You know your facts, have common beliefs as I, and make me laugh! I love ya sister!