Breast feeding
Is there a certain size bottle I should start buying for a newborn or infant? Ftm..
There are certain nipple sizes. The whole at the top can change depending on how old your baby is.
For a newborn its not so much the size of the bottle more the "flow" of the nipple and you want the slowest available. Most bottles come with a slow flow nipple included when you buy them new.
As for the size of the bottle there are usually two sizes a 4 to 6 ounce size and a 9 to 10 ounce size depending on the brand. I find the smaller ones a waste of money as after a couple of months most bottle fed infants drink more per feed than the capacity of the smaller bottles anyway. Smaller bottles work fine for the occasional feed for a primarily breastfed infant drinking pumped milk as most will drink maximum about 5 ounces of breast milk at a time from the bottle.
Thank you !!