Breastfeeding and suplementing with formula
Turns out that there is not enoug calories in my breastmilk. My daughter was born 8lbs 3oz, lost weight when we left hospital 7lbs 3oz. We followed up at the pediatrician 4 days ater birth and she gained weight, 7lbs 5 oz. Now at two weeks she hadn't gained as much as the Dr. would have liked. 7lbs 9oz. She really wanted her to gain her birth weight back by two weeks. Since that didn't happen, she has be suplementing with formula. I really hate that we have had to resort to that. It has really made breastfeeding unenjoyable. I feel like we are losing "our time" even though we only suplement 3 times a day. It's driving me crazy!!!!!! I do pump when she is getting formula so we don't lose my supply. I'd really like to drop the formula once she starts to gain weight. I guess I will just have to wait and see how it goes. We go back for a weight check next week and if she is still not gain proper weight, we will start testing for other issues she may or may not be having.

Anyone have experience with suplementing and then being able to go back to stricktly breast?
ive never heard of mom not having enough calories, sorry to hear you have to supplement.  if you are still able to bf her during the day i guess you should be thankful she can do both bottle and breast. good luck, im sure she will gain her weight back quick.
I would really check with a certified lactation consultant. Most pediatricians are too quick to resort to supplementing with formula because they are not educated enough in the details of breastfeeding. If your daughter has a good latch and is nursing enough times throughout the day and night, all should be fine with no need to supplement. Best wishes.
I agree with tahariel.... I would go see the lactation consultant and see what she says.