Breastfeeding Community
Chocolate and breastfeeding??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, breast and nipple care, feeding techniques, inadequate milk supply, nutrition, proper baby positioning, and work and travel issues.

Chocolate and breastfeeding??

So my new baby boy is only 4 days old, but on day 2 when i got home from hospital i ate quite a few chocolate easter eggs. I had gestational diabetes, so i was desperately craving to eat some! Then last night, i noticed he was very unsettled, and seemed to have trouble bringing up wind after a feed, crying like he had a pain in the tummy, and was pooing constantly ( i changed his nappy about 6 times in 5 hours!) He has been very settled today, and was just wondering if eating too much chocolate could have affected him? I won't be doing that again!
Its possible. I know when I eat certain foods like broccoli or pepperoni my daughter seems to have stomach issues. It stinks but I want my daughter to be bf without any issues. I would wait a few days for it to pass and eat some more chocolate to see if its a problem or not.  That's how I found out
Oh yeah, actually I think chocolate is one of the foods that are on the list that I have that may irritate baby's belly that I got from my LC. Milk irritates my little girl if I drink too much of it.
My baby does ok with chocolate, but not with milk. So I have to limit my milk consumption or drink soy. I love chocolate soy milk anyways, so I drink it frequently.
I've never tried the soy, I was thinking about it, does it taste like milk or different? I'll have to try it!
It tastes a bit different. I drink the chocolate silk brand. I can't really describe the taste the consistency is a bit thicker too. I like it, but no one else in my family does. Lexi will drink it sometimes, but she prefers regular milk.
I like almond soy milk Better than regular milk.