Comfort sucking?
Chloe is 7 weeks and she eats fine now that her growth spurt is over, but now she's wanting to fall asleep just with my nipple NEAR her mouth, not even really in it or sucking, and if not she wants to rest her head on my bare breast. Does anyone else's baby do this? Should I not let her do it?
Yes lol, my lil one does this. It's common and its a comfort thing for them. My baby constantly falls asleep while sucking on my nipple or right next to it.
Aidyn does this too. He won't go to sleep without doing it. And anytime I walk out of his range of vision, he cries until I pick him up. He's definitely a mamas boy.
My daughter does it more at night. But then again we both fall asleep while bfing
I'm glad it's not just me! I feel weird sitting there with my boob hanging out and Chloe just leaned up against it, haha! She usually doesn't fuss when I take it away though so hopefully it doesn't become the living pacifier!
Very normal but before you know it, she will be very interested in the things around her.  This will help her to not comfort nurse so much.  You will be able to put her under an activity mat and she will just love it.  Won't be much longer now :)
I actually tried an activity mat today and she LOVED it!! Cooing and even trying to hit at it already, too cute!
My one Twincess does that too and she's now 2.5 yrs old! They don't even breastfeed every day anymore, her sister has actually weaned herself, she rarely ever asks for it anymore. But this one still asks for boobie and I allow her to have it about 2-3 times a week.

But I've noticed that she's happy to just be close to the boobie or put her hand in my bra and hold it. I sometimes call her my boobaholic lol!

Skin to skin contact is so important...there are so many benefits... and some kids need more of it than others.

I believe that as long as mommy is comfortable with it, let baby! You can absolutely NOT spoil a baby with love.
My dd loves to do that. It's great for your milk supply :)