Breastfeeding Community
Fenugreek and baby pooping alot?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, breast and nipple care, feeding techniques, inadequate milk supply, nutrition, proper baby positioning, and work and travel issues.

Fenugreek and baby pooping alot?

I don't know if there's a correlation in taking Fenugreek and making my baby girl poop ALL the time!  It seems like almost every other change is a messy poopy diaper.  I've been taking fenugreek for several months now, so it's definitely in my system and working.  Just curious if anyone else out there that's taking fenugreek capsules experiencing a high volume of poopy diapers from your little one.  I've been trying to think of food that I eat daily that could be causing it, and I can't think of anything specifically.  I eat/drink a very balanced and nutricious diet, so the only thing I can think of is the fenugreek.  Your thoughts?
Ok, well I found the answer to my own question...in case anyone is interested : )

Fenugreek does not cause your baby to poop more.  My LC said my baby pooping alot is an excellent sign that she's getting plenty of milk and her digestive system is working excellent.  Yay!
i was going to say the same thing. i've never used fenugreek. my first pooped ALL day until 4 months. This one is still going strong at 3 months. It's healthy and normal for a breastfed baby.
By the way, don't be shocked if one day she stops pooping. That's what my first did at 4 months. She went a week without! Apparently, that is very normal for a breastfed baby as well, especially as they get older. They digest efficiently, and their stools are soft so they don't feel the need to poop all the time.
The downside to pooping all day, is she is also waking up all night to poop. Not fully conscious, but enough to wake me every hour or 2. The downside to the less frequent poops are the INSANE blowouts. Picture this liquidy poop in large volumes. It literally explodes up the back!
TBH:  LOL I'm SO familiar with the blowouts...she has them at the most opportune times like....CHURCH!!