Ftm here, plan to breastfeed- What do I need?!
Sorry, Im clueless!! What do I all need for breastfeeding?? I plan to use the Dr Brown bottles. Do I have to use all Dr Brown stuff then?
Storage bottles or bags? Freezer stuff? Insulated to go carrier? Help, haha!!
Thank you, greatly appreciate it!!
No you don't have to use all stuff from the same brand. Storage bags I liked better because they are cheaper and take up less space in fridge or freezer. I always got the cheapest ones. You'll also need nursing pads, nursing bras, lanolin (for chapped nipples), insulated lunch bag and ice pack for tranporting milk, and of course a pump. You may want to wait on getting a ton of a certain kind of bottle in case baby doesn't like it.
Thank you! That helps so much! I registered for one package of the bottles for now. Registering is so stressful-- there is just so much to choose from!!
Youre right it is overwelming. There is so much more to pick from then when I had my last baby 9 years ago. Its just everybody trying to come up with the newest money making idea.
Seeing you are FTM, you actually don't need too much stuff.  Unless you need to get some milk put away and frozen.  Breastfeed your baby directly as much as possible and use the bottles just as a backup for when yoiu need to go out without baby.
BF'ing for me I made sure I had storage bottles (they weren't as messy pouring, and all I had to do is screw on a cap and I'm set!), nipple cream like lanolin for tenderness the first week or so, I also found soothie gels in the hospital when I delivered, they're like a cooling pad that goes over your nipples to relieve pain, they helped so so much because the first week is uncomfortable. Breast pads, a boppy pillow helped me a LOT this time, I never used one with my first breastfeeding and it helps a lot positioning the baby to latch, a pump (I use a cheaper brand, playtex double electric pump, usually about 75$ at a store because I only pump bottles to leave the house). I agree with super_sally, try directly breastfeeding as much as you can and not pumping unless you have to leave the house or need a break from direct latching, I pumped too much with my son and it decreased my milk supply so much I had to stop BF'ing. You can get an insulated freezer, but most diaper bags have one, breast milk stays fresh longer in cooler temperatures. The first week or so is uncomfortable, and painful, but as long as your baby is latching properly (getting lots of aureola in her mouth too, not just the nipple) only the first week or so is uncomfortable, it's definitely worth it to push past it. My little girl hardly ever spits up, is gaining weight GREAT, and I've lost 26lbs in 11 days just breastfeeding, no change in diet and no exercising! Good luck!!
Wow!! Thank you so very very much ladies!!
Imma be the silly one here and just throw in that technically all u need to breastfeed is breasts :-)
You stole my line. That is what I was going to say. (I never used any of the other paraphernalia anyway.).