Breastfeeding Community
Haha.. ridiculous, anyone else?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, breast and nipple care, feeding techniques, inadequate milk supply, nutrition, proper baby positioning, and work and travel issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Haha.. ridiculous, anyone else?

I had a regular check up with my doctor a few weeks ago because I woke up one morning with my nipples completely covered in bruises, I was like wth? They aren't sore, so she didn't have a bad latch, what could this be? I got really worried, so I asked my doctor about it when I went last time, she said probably just an aggressive feed and that it was fine. Well I was feeding her last night and it felt like she was latched on properly, feeding, and I look down and she's attached to the side of my aureola, haha!! Turns out those "bruises" were hickies! It felt just like she was latched on normal, but apparently not! I must have been super tired that night and she was just suckin on the side of my boob! Poor girl, haha.

Also, I'm wondering about ovulating/pregnancy and breastfeeding.. I'm currently on micronor (mini pill) for birth control, and exclusively breastfeeding. I thought for sure between this birth control and breastfeeding that I wouldn't ovulate, but I'm getting some serious EWCM.. a lot (sorry tmi). I'm also getting nauseous and getting heartburn (which I never got before until I got pregnant with my daughter), dizzy, and I don't know if it's just related to my birth control. We're only using the mini pill, and I know it's less effective, but we always pull out too. I haven't had a period at all in a few months. Has anyone gotten pregnant while breastfeeding and on the pill? I think the chances are like one in a million so I don't want to waste money on a test if it's not even likely. Thanks in advance!!
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
287071_tn?1365196113
Have you gotten your period at all?  (Do you even have a period with a mini-pill?)  How is your milk supply?  Mine took a huge hit when I got pregnant while I was still nursing.

too funny about the 'bruises'!  My 5 mo old gave me a big ol' hickey on my collar bone a few weeks ago. She was sucking on me when I was holding her and I just kind of thought it was cute until I looked in the mirror the next day!
Blank
2020005_tn?1404435525
I haven't had one since she first turned 2 months, she's almost 4. And I'm really not sure if I'm supposed to be getting one or not. I took a test last night and it was negative, thank god.. we don't need another one anytime soon haha!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breastfeeding Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...