Breastfeeding Community
Help! baby girl is 11 days old! need advice/tips...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, breast and nipple care, feeding techniques, inadequate milk supply, nutrition, proper baby positioning, and work and travel issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Help! baby girl is 11 days old! need advice/tips...

FTM! I bf every 2-3 hrs during day & 3-4 hrs at night. About 10-15 mins each side.
How normal is it for spit up/ throw up? She doesnt after each feeding but curious what I can do to help???
Also she gets hiccups after pretty much every feeding... normal? Can I do anything to help?
8 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hiccups are normal but if u burp them right:) shouldnt get them:)
Nd she does spit up everytime or doesn't?
Blank
4093350_tn?1358099754
She burps after each feeding but will still get them! No she does not spit up every time. It just scares me when she does. I think the times she has its been due to too much milk too fast.
Blank
3744707_tn?1402191170
Yeah its probably your milk coming out really fast that she can't keep up with try feeding her a bit more up my lil guy would kinda do that so when I would hear him gulping really fast ill lift him more up so it goes down good
Blank
Hm ya the hiccups will happen idk bout all the time...but my child's pediatric ion said hiccups were OK:) and I agree with last comment just pit the baby up more:)
Blank
4484425_tn?1384231934
Both are completely normal. My little one gets the hiccups all the time. She had them constantly while I was pregnant. Some babies just spit up. Its very common and still can happen regardless if they burp or not. There's no need to be concerned unless baby isn't gaining weight, it becomes violent (more like vomiting), or if it appears to cause pain.
Blank
4093350_tn?1358099754
Thank you! I tried a new BF position & its been working great!
And tomorrow264... wow thank you for all of your help & advice on my questions. You are very knowledgable & kind to share that with us :)
Blank
4484425_tn?1384231934
You're welcome. Glad if I can help :)
Blank
287071_tn?1365196113
My kids all have gotten the hiccups at random times, not necessarily after feeding...  but - I get them alot too so I figured it's genetic for my kiddos!  During growth spurts babies seem to 'cluster' feed and it may feel like you are feeding them ALL THE TIME!  Every 90 min/45 min even...  With my kids when they were this young if they were fussy and we'd tried everything else...  it was kind of an, "I don't know, try feeding them again!"

Each kids spits up different amounts.  My 7 mo old seems to spit up every time after I feed her - or maybe it's just the times she gets me that I remember!  

With length of feedings - each baby is going to be different. With my first I'd go 15 min on each side and I would have to pull him off. With number two I would go about 10 min on each side. With baby number three she pulls off after 3/4 min on the first side and we have been done (both sides + burping between) by 8/9 min. I am shocked and want to offer her more but she continues to pull her self off or bites me.   I don't think there is a right or wrong amount of time. I have multiple friends who have fed their babies one breast at a feeding and their babies have been just fine!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breastfeeding Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...