Breastfeeding Community
How can I make sure I'm able to breast feed next time??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, breast and nipple care, feeding techniques, inadequate milk supply, nutrition, proper baby positioning, and work and travel issues.

Hi girls I haven't been on here in almost a year...

I tried breast feeding baby number 1 who is now 10 months but my milk never came in. I tried everything, nursing then pumping and everything anybody told me to try and I just didn't have luck. I am getting ready to get my iud taken out and start trying for baby number 2 and I REALLY want to be able to breast feed is there anything I can do before/during my pregnancy to make sure I don't run into the same thing again?
Breastfeeding takes the effort of mama and baby. It's a team kinda thing. So there's nothing you can do ahead of time to really prepare.
There are herbs and stuff to take when baby is born to help get a supply I think. Hopefully it works out the second time around for you!