How long does breast milk keep in a heated thermos?
I only give breast milk to my son right now and sometimes it's not convenient to breast feed. Anyone know how long breast milk keeps when it's kept warm?
i'm not exactly sure but i do know the colder the better, the warmer the quicker it spoils, my daughters ped. said 7-8 hours around 66 degrees (room temp. for my house)
If it's freshly pumped in an appropriate breast milk storage bag or bottle it is good for several hours at room temperature, no need to keep it in a thermos. If I was going out for a few hours and didn't want to nurse I just took my pumped milk int the bottle and just kept it in my diaper bag until needed.  In a insulated bag with freezer packs directly against it it is good for 24 hours. If you don't know that you will use it within a few hours or on a hotter day it is best to keep it in the fridge or cooler bag and take a thermos 1/2 filled with hot water to re heat the bottle in when needed.
Breast milk is pretty resistant to bacteria and spoilage, especially if kept cool.  The baby will drink it no matter what temperature it is, so don't worry about cooling it.
Sorry, what I meant is don't worry that if you give it to the baby cool, the baby will refuse it.  It tastes just as good to them.