How to clear a clogged nipple pore...
Hi all.  I am bf'ing my daughter, who is 2 weeks old.  I bf my older daughter and never had any issues.  Right now i have a white spot on my right nipple and I am in absolute agony whenever she wants to nurse (which during the day is very frequently) I believe it is a milk blister, and I am in need of suggestions on how to get rid of it.  So far I have used a warm compress on it before nursing, and a warm compress before pumping, hoping the moist heat would dilate the pores and the suction would help clear the blister.  It hasn't worked.  I have tried to lift the edges to drain the milk from under the skin, but it is too painful to touch.  I have called the lactation consultant at my hospital but haven't heard back from her yet.  I was just looking for any advice or suggestions until then, because i don't know how long until I get a call back and it is so painful to nurse.  I don't want to end up with mastitis either.  Thanks!
Hmm, I have heard of a clogged duct, but not a clogged nipple pore.  I'm interested to hear what the LC says.  It sounds uncomfortable, sorry.
Hey PamelaBee,
It was absolutely the most painful thing I have experienced bf'ing.  The lactation consultant called me back and said it sounded lie a milk blister, in which the skin grows over the hole in the nipple, trapping the milk.  She sai if trying the warm compresses and pumping was not helping, to sterilize a needle and rupture the blister.  I did that, worried it would be painful, but it wasn't at all.  It popped easily, some milk came out, and the pain was instantly relieved.  We have been doing great since!