Breastfeeding Community
How to tell your baby is getting enough
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, breast and nipple care, feeding techniques, inadequate milk supply, nutrition, proper baby positioning, and work and travel issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

How to tell your baby is getting enough

I know that about 6-8 wet diapers a day, gaining weight good, not incredibly fussy is a good sign of a good breast milk supply, and Chloe gets about 6 wet diapers a day, I believe she's gaining weight good (she went from 8lbs 12ozs, down to 7lbs 11ozs, and up to 10lbs 2 ozs by her 3-4 week check up) I have a scale at home meant for measuring packages, but it's accurate down to the oz, so we weighed her sometime last week, she was 10lbs 11ozs, today I weighed her she was 10lbs 15ozs, so I think she's getting enough, but sometimes she does act fussy and eats quite a bit (to my knowledge she's not going through a growth spurt anymore) she'll usually eat analyze diapers every day worrying if she's getting enough, my breasts don't particularly feel "more full" before a feeding then softer after, nor do I feel the let down unless she goes a long while between feedings (when she goes a while between feeding, like at night, they usually get full enough to leak, which they don't anymore) should I keep weighing her weekly to make sure she is? I bought mothers milk tea just in case I get a supply issue, but she's not seeing her doctor til the 14th of March and I don't want her steadily losing weight until then and me not knowing it! Thanks!
Blank
127529_tn?1331844380
If it reassures you weigh her once or twice a week. It sounds like she is doing really well though and your body has adjusted to her needs, hence not feeling 'full' or your letdown quite so noticabley. Many babies have a 'cluster feeding' period during the day when they seem to be more fussy and eating frequently. All my babies did this from around 6 pm until 10 pm until they were about 12 weeks old. ( one formula fed , two breastfed)
At six weeks you may find she has another growth spurt and will feed more frequently again do you might find the tea useful then.
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
127529_tn?1331844380
If it reassures you weigh her once or twice a week. It sounds like she is doing really well though and your body has adjusted to her needs, hence not feeling 'full' or your letdown quite so noticabley. Many babies have a 'cluster feeding' period during the day when they seem to be more fussy and eating frequently. All my babies did this from around 6 pm until 10 pm until they were about 12 weeks old. ( one formula fed , two breastfed)
At six weeks you may find she has another growth spurt and will feed more frequently again do you might find the tea useful then.
Blank
2020005_tn?1404435525
Thanks so much I just hate the idea of waiting til her appt. to weigh her and find out she's losing, I'd feel terrible.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breastfeeding Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank