Breastfeeding Community
IS BREAST FEEDING PAINFULL????

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, breast and nipple care, feeding techniques, inadequate milk supply, nutrition, proper baby positioning, and work and travel issues.

IS BREAST FEEDING PAINFULL????

IM EXPECTING AND I WAS THINKIN BOUT BREAST FEEDING BUT IDK IF ITZ PAINFULL FOR ME BUT I KNOW IT WOULD BE DA BEST THING FOR MY BABY!!!!
Your nipples are sore for the first week or two, but it's not painful if they're latched correctly. I think Pumping hurts worse than actual breastfeeding does.
Agreed, some discomfort at first but it eases after a short while. Positioning of the baby is key, ask for lots of help at the hospital.
Once you get the hang of it it's easy, free and great nutrition for your baby and has health benefits for you too (weight loss, helps prevent breast cancer etc). Go in with an open mind to give it a try