Is This Really A Sign To Stop?
My 1 year old is still breastfeeding. I have mixed feelings on this. Some days, I want to stop. Other days, I'm okay with it. It's to the point now, where she knows to lift up my shirt. Whenever she stays with her father, she's okay. Then, when I show up, she begins reaching for me, whining, crying, & trying to latch on again. I feel as if this has become a crutch for her... & myself, as well. I do it when I want her to be quiet or don't feel like getting up to go to the kitchen. At times, I'm not even sure that I'll be able to stop.
Do it as long as you want.  In some cultures kids breast feed (by then it is more for emotional comfort than because the milk fills them up) until they are 3 or more.  She is probably not doing it as "a crutch," a crutch for what?  There's nothing wrong with a baby wanting some soothing.
I say keeping going and if anything just wean her off slow.  Your child, your decision!!