Breastfeeding Community
Is this selfish?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, breast and nipple care, feeding techniques, inadequate milk supply, nutrition, proper baby positioning, and work and travel issues.

Is this selfish?

I have a 2 year old son that I nursed for 15 months. He never had formula, and I see it as one of my bigger accomplishments in life. So here's my issue. I have had large breasts since I was 15 and have wanted a reduction. I always thought I'd wait until I was finished having children to get it done. But now... I'm not sure if I want to have anymore. I wouldn't even consider another child until my son is at least 5. Would it be selfish to go ahead and have a breast reduction and risk not being able to breastfeed a child that I may never have? I'm 23 years old and I have a very petite frame with breasts that are very large (I was a DDD before I had my son and now I wear an H, which is equivalent to a 5D) and uncomfortable. They went up 3 sizes during my pregnancy and went down 1 size since I have quit nursing. What is your opinion?

Thanks!
I'd talk to a doctor and find out what the risks actually are. My friend had a reduction a few years ago, and she was told it shouldn't interfere with breastfeeding. Don't stress over making this decision just yet... look into it and get info before actually making a decision. There was probably a time when I would've considered telling you to wait, but my friend's boobs were as big as yours, and they were causing her a lot of problems, so I am a little more aware of the problems they cause, although I can't quite relate.
Congrats on the success of breastfeeding your son until he was 15 mos and never giving him formula!  I've gotten smaller since stopped nursing.  I'd agree with the other post - talk with drs and keep your options open.  If you are in pain - that needs to be considered first.  Good luck!
It is not selfish but there is suppoed to be no problem with bf after a reduction or implants! I have had friends that had it done. I would personally wait to have it done though as when you get older they will drop more with gravity and later 30's is when it si a good time to ahve it from what I have heard. The woman I knew who ahd it before went later to have a other work done for cosmetic.

I am small framed and ahve was a 32DDD at age 12. nothing to that in 2 months! I do get larger when nursing and then go back to normal but I am actually a 34 F now and yes it is uncomfortable. I will tell you that I did have milk for two years following my last. You will change and I would wait a while jsut for that! I tdoes take a while for your mamary glands to go back down even after the milk is gone!