Pain Relief
I'm getting my wisdom teeth taken out and since I exclusively nurse (no bottles) I'm worried about the pain relief I'll receive after the surgery. Does anyone know what is considered safe to take? Will plain old Tylenol suffice? I've never had major dental surgery so I'm not certain what to expect or what kind of pain I'll experience from the teeth removal. I've decided to only have the two teeth on my right side removed since they've broken through, one of which doesn't have enough room.

I've been in a ton of pain just from the bottom tooth emerging and cutting into my cheek and gums and have survived without any pain relief so I am hoping the recovery will not be any worse than the pain I've already been experiencing. Any advice, experiences or help is much appreciated!!!

And no, I won't pump and dump. I'm stubborn and I have decided I just don't do it. I'd rather go without any pain relief at all just so my little girl can eat and not have her entire little world disrupted.
I never had my wisdom teeth out, but I did have 2 c-sections and breastfeed, so I know there's plenty you can take that's compatible. =)
Motrin is definitely compatible with nursing, and your dr or pharmacist could advise you on the dosage you can take. You will be able to take more than the 2 pills directed on the bottle as advised by a medical professional for a couple of days. I don't know if tylenol would be sufficient, but I was also allowed to take percocet while nursing and recovering.

good luck and hope you get some relief soon!
There are more meds and pain relief aids that you can take that are compatible with bfing...Consult a LC, they will tell you for sure.
I had my wisdom teeth and an unemerged molar surgically removed. I was having severe pain before (the teeth were still embedded in the jaw) and following surgery, I was on opioids and that really helped and that is definately not an option for you.

I totally undertand with the BF and no bottle, my little one is also a breast baby although I got a strange comment from my MIL that it's bad that she doesn't like the bottle (????), I find it great that she prefers the breast.

Definately talk to your doctor/dentist about painkillers which are not harmful to baby.

Good luck with the surgery. I feel for you!
I didn't read all of the responses, but I know that hydrochodone (sp??) is safe when BFing.  My doc always gives it to me right after I have a baby for the "after" contractions.  They last a few days and get worse with each baby.  By baby #4, Tylenol 3 didn't touch them anymore.  So he gives me that and it's perfectly fine.  My babies have had no side effects whatsoever.  I actually had surgery 2 weeks before Mary was born and had to take them for a few days as well and that was while I was pregnant w/ her.
I still haven't had the surgery. But I didn't even make the connection of pain relief and after birth... duh! Okay thank you guys so much for your information. When I finally get in for that surgery I'll have a few choices.