Aa
A
A
Close
Pain relief options
I'm breast feeding my 1.5 month old and need to know what pain relief is safe while BF. I've been having terrible back spasms and am at the end of my rope. Tylenol does nothing for this pain! Anyone have any suggestions?
Cancel
11 Answers
Page 1 of 1
2020005 tn?1472427714
My doctor said ibuprofen was okay, that may help more than tylenol for your pain! If that doesn't help I'd see a doctor and they can prescribe you something safe for BF'ing and that will help.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm going to try it.  Hope it works! Ill try anything at this point :)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
127529 tn?1331844380
And you can take both together if needed, just don't exceed the daily recommended dose of either.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
287071 tn?1365196113
They gave me Advil in the hospital when I delivered.  I agree that ibuprofen is fine.  

Also - have you considered a chiropractor?  They helped me when I was pregnant and I know my husband gets relief with back pain.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Codeine are also approved by aap list,  if you go online and check the site http://************/bf/can-i-breastfeed/meds/aap-approved-meds/. It will list all meds that are safe. Hope ur back get better soon,  I know how it feels :(
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
The bit it blanked out is kellymom.  Com
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
3104777 tn?1363889249
lactmed is a great app where you can look up certain medications and it will tell you if theyre safe to take while bfing
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I use a heating pad while I and and nurse.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Started seeing a chiropractor and using a cold compress. It's starting to help along with a bit of Advil to take the edge off the pain. Thank goodness cuz my baby boy is getting heavy! Lol
Thank you ladies! :)))
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
That's good then :)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
287071 tn?1365196113
So glad you're finding relief!  And also glad you found good suggestions here - I always did!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breastfeeding Community Resources