Breastfeeding Community
Parents affect on breastfeeding a baby

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, breast and nipple care, feeding techniques, inadequate milk supply, nutrition, proper baby positioning, and work and travel issues.

Parents affect on breastfeeding a baby

If I was allergic to milk as a baby and had to drink pre-digested milk will my baby be the same way because I want to breastfeed.
By milk do you mean breast milk or dairy based formula? I'm going to assume however that either allergy could be passed to your baby but I have no idea what the likelyhood is. In the event that your baby has a dairy allergy you can breast feed but you would need to remove dairy from your diet. I don't know what the options would be if your baby is allergic to breast milk.
Hi i had a huge milk allergy as a baby and had no problems with my kids being allergic at all.  (bf 3 kids)  good luck :)
I don't think babies can be allergic to breast milk, I thought its only if mother drinks cows milk or eats dairy products that baby can be allergic to. I think I read that in an article.