Breastfeeding Community
Pimple on my nipple?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, breast and nipple care, feeding techniques, inadequate milk supply, nutrition, proper baby positioning, and work and travel issues.

Pimple on my nipple?

My husband has HSV-1 on his lips.  I ended up getting it in my genital area about one year after we got together.  I have only had one outbreak (that was when I went to the doctor and found out what I had).  I do not have to take any meds to stop outbreaks.  It has been 4 years since the outbreak happened. I got a pimple on my nipple about one month after I stopped breastfeeding my son.  It was kind of yellowish and was a little bit sore.  After one day of having it the next morning I noticed it had popped.  A few weeks after that now I have gotten another pimple in the same spot.  It was yellowish again but hurt much worse that the first.  I was reading that it might be a blocked milk duct and that I should put something warm/moist on it.  I did that last night and after about 5 minutes I looked to see if it did anything and the yellowish stuff had started soming out.  I thought it might just be some infection so i got the rest of it out.  A good bit of yellowish puss looking stuff came out then blood and clear stuff as if it were some pimple anywhere else.  Could it be herpes?  I have been putting antibiotic cream on it.  It has been about 12 hours now and it doesn't hurt like it did yesterday.  It is still a little bit sore though but the area looks more normal now.  It's not red anymore.  Can you get pimples on your nipple?  My husband hasn't had a cold sore come up for 8 months now.  This is really driving me nuts cause we don't have insurance or the money to really go see a doctor right now!
It does not sound like herpes, but you should get in to the doc so they can culture it and get you on a antibiotic if necessary. It may very well just be a plugged gland but it does sound like it is becoming infected.