Pins and needles and itching
Hi ladies. i have a 7 week old that i am breastfeeding. i have never felt anything when letdown occurs. these last few days i have felt like pins and needles only in one breast while feeding. it goes on the whole time she is feeding from that breast and that breast is also really itchy while feeding. i googled pins and needles and it said it was letdown but i feel like it is weird that for one its only in one breast, and two that i never felt this or anything until she was seven weeks old. your opinions would be appreciated.
I have the same feeling when I breast feed. It is the let down. I also get it when my breasts start leaking all of a sudden. The feeling didn't start right away for me either. I think it was about 5 weeks when I noticed the tingling sensation or pins and needles as you said.
Is it painful for you? Because it is quite painful for me.
Oh yeah sounds like let down, mine is pretty painful when I feel it, I usually don't, and sometimes I will only feel it in one or the other.
When I nursed it was a kinda tingly feeling when my milk would let down but it was never painful and between my two I've nursed for just about two years. I would just put a quick call into your Dr and see what they say.
Yes, sometimes it can be quite uncomfortable. You kind of stop thinking about it after a while. :)
i agree, i read online for some women it can be very painful, mine kind of feels like an electric shock.. most of the time you stop feeling it after a while, I felt mine for like 2 weeks around when my daughter was 4-6 weeks and haven't felt it much since.
If the feeling is moving towards the nipple then it is likely to be let down. I often feel "itchy" when my breast are getting full and the let down feeling is stronger when my breasts are fuller. In the first 6-8 weeks or nursing my babies the let down was a little bit painful but it subsided and now is not very noticeable if at all.
However if the feeling is moving upward in your breast it could be the start of thrush (particularly as you mention itching too).
That is a great way to subscribe what let down feels like - for me that's what i feels like anyway.  Kind of tingling/itching/pins and needles.  It happens for me every time I feed on both sides.  If your baby is 7 weeks and you're just feeling it now - I wonder what it could be.  Does it happen any other time or just when feeding?  For me it is something I notice less and less as the baby gets older...
Its only when i feed her and its not really everytime
i also feel it worse if my boobs are full