Breastfeeding Community
Please help me!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, breast and nipple care, feeding techniques, inadequate milk supply, nutrition, proper baby positioning, and work and travel issues.

Please help me!!!

When I started breast feeding my1st baby I had no problems n every thing was going good until one day I was pumping n had the pump on high and I got a few squirts of blood instead of milk. I called a lactation consultant and they thought I had busted a blood vessel. well I couldn't get much out of that side after that so ended up drying up on that side. when I had baby2 when my milk came in my baby had trouble getting anything out n I couldn't with a pump although I was really full. finally when I did only the milk on the bottom half of my breast was coming out and I was staying full on the top half. I ended up having top half of my breast drying up and not having enough milk for baby on that side. I also tried pumping often to increase production n it didn't help so I ended completely drying up on that side. I really wanna b able to breastfeed baby3 normally out of both breasts once I deliver. and like mentioned earlier had no problems until what happened when I was pumping when my 1st was6 months. does it sound like clogged ducts? some1 please help!
Wow, well this is a new one for me.  I have never heard of milk only coming out of one part of the breast.  If I were you, I would contact an LC in your area and see what they say.  There are things you can do to up your supply once the baby is born.  But start talking to someone now before the birth.  Also, there should be one at the hospital you are delivering at, if you are delivering in a hospital.

Good luck!
I'd say make sure you have the right size pieces for your body shape and the pump.  Honestly I didn't know the 'horn' part as I call them (the part that is against the breast) comes in different sizes to fit different body shapes.  I wonder if that would make a difference in pumping and accessing milk from the top and bottom of your breast...?  Also - try message or applying pressure to the part you don't feel like is being drained. I know for me if I apply pressure while pumping I'll get more milk - it's like I'm helping to squeeze the milk out - if that make sense?!