Pumping and breast feeding
Im 38 weeks pregnant and planning on breast feeding. Im just really confused about when you pump like in between feedings? I don't know? Any websites or reading material about pumping would be wonderful! Thank you!
You don't have to pump at all unless you are planning to go back to work soon after giving birth. The baby is the best pump you can find.
like the above poster said, you most likely won't have to pump unless you are storing milk to go out occasionally or if you are going back to work. Some moms do have to pump to maintain supply if the baby has a poor latch, weak s.uck or is a preemie, but this would hopefully be a short term thing until a lactation consultant provides assistance. Some people also pump in the beginning to relieve engorgement or help bring the milk in. If this is necessary, the nurses in the hospital should be able to give you guidance.
i only pump for work days and like this morning i pumped bc by daughter slept  all night  (yay) and i was uncomfortable when i woke up. www.************  is a great bfing info site
my baby girl is 2 weeks old in another 3 days and ive been hand exressing and pumping because I get engorged pretty easily. usually I try to wait till ive fed my baby girl and then ill pump the opposite brest or if im still uncomfortable ill pump both sides. otherwise its like their drippin all day long & I cant keep up with em with just the pads and I aint even goin back to work till december... :/