Aa
A
A
Close
Pumping and breast feeding
Im 38 weeks pregnant and planning on breast feeding. Im just really confused about when you pump like in between feedings? I don't know? Any websites or reading material about pumping would be wonderful! Thank you!
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
757137 tn?1347200053
You don't have to pump at all unless you are planning to go back to work soon after giving birth. The baby is the best pump you can find.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
171768 tn?1324233699
like the above poster said, you most likely won't have to pump unless you are storing milk to go out occasionally or if you are going back to work. Some moms do have to pump to maintain supply if the baby has a poor latch, weak s.uck or is a preemie, but this would hopefully be a short term thing until a lactation consultant provides assistance. Some people also pump in the beginning to relieve engorgement or help bring the milk in. If this is necessary, the nurses in the hospital should be able to give you guidance.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
1839630 tn?1346517383
i only pump for work days and like this morning i pumped bc by daughter slept  all night  (yay) and i was uncomfortable when i woke up. www.************  is a great bfing info site
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
2062192 tn?1333718023
my baby girl is 2 weeks old in another 3 days and ive been hand exressing and pumping because I get engorged pretty easily. usually I try to wait till ive fed my baby girl and then ill pump the opposite brest or if im still uncomfortable ill pump both sides. otherwise its like their drippin all day long & I cant keep up with em with just the pads and I aint even goin back to work till december... :/
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breastfeeding Community Resources