Spotting while breastfeeding
Is it normal or common to have spotting randomly while breastfeeding? A few days ago I had spotting for half a day and then it was gone. I also had it a few times after my PP bleeding stopped. It kinda freaked me out cause it resembled Implantation bleeding, but I don't know.
I was wondering this too. I have more CM now then when I was pregnant and the last few days it's had a pink tinge to it. I really hope I'm not starting my period because Kaelynn goes 8 hours without nursing at night.
Brit, you could very well be getting your cycle back because of skipping night time feedngs. Clysta, are you still BF overnight? You can get pregnant while BF, t's just a lot harder.
i had that around 10 weeks post partum (maybe a little later). I was very mad, thinking it was the beginning of my cycles. Luckily, AF didn't return until many months later, after I had cut back to twice a day.
I do indeed feed overnight. She normally eats every 1-3 hours and at night she stays latched on me for hours on end. (we co-sleep still and she sleep nurses and I don't bother to take her off) I've gotten it randomly in my 7-8th weeks PP, and a few times before that.
breakthrough bleeding is very common during BF as yoru hormones try to regulate

but I was told that is a sign that your body is trying to O again and getting ready
I spotted similar to breakthrough bleeding every few weeks it seemed but didn't get my period until my son was 11 months old. It is very common to spot while breastfeeding.
i breastfeed my son he is almost 3 m onths old he is supplemented formula while im at work but i pump and store while im there. today i didnt get to pump because work was so busy and i randomly had a little blood almost like spotting for about an hour nothing big at all and then it stoped. this has happend once before also. has this happend to anyone else? is this normal?