Breastfeeding Community
Support??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, breast and nipple care, feeding techniques, inadequate milk supply, nutrition, proper baby positioning, and work and travel issues.

Support??

No one in my family including my husband wants me to nurse our baby. He says its just s hassle that no one can help me with her or spend more time with her. I feel really stressed but still want to nurse her for her health and because I just don't like formula!! I nursed my first two for 4 months each and dried up both times but I just feel so much more confident this time. What can I do to get my hubby and family on board????
I'd tell them all the pros to nursing. Ex: It helps build baby's immune system. Its free and formula is expensive. It helps you lose any baby weight faster. Other can still feed the baby too if you pump.
I get grief from my bf and his family to about breastfeeding. I love it and they just wanna put her on formula so they can take her wherever they go and I don't feel comfortable at all since she is my first.  But no one wants to listen to me
I was the same way with my first and second. I never let my kids go anywhere I don't trust his family they just let them get away with stuff and then tell my husband not to tell me! I just have heard so much more good about nursing and I am set on doing it. I just hope one day they will understand because unless I physically can't do it or just don't supply enough milk I will be nursing this one as long as possible!!!
That's how I feel! !! So glad I'm not the only one :-D
It's the right financial choice for my family.  It's free.  I also choose to nurse b/c it is the 'greener' choice too. l I don't have to buy anything or wash anything...  There are no bottles, no empty formula cans...  It's ready to go too.  There's no bottles to warm up or mix.  Just whip out a boob and go!  

As a side note - I have found tons of support on this site.  Just reach out to us - we're here!  Stay strong and do what is best for YOU!
I just don't understand why people are like this...least of all the husbands.  I am pregnant with my 8th baby and my husband is very proud that I nurse my babies.  That being said, u are the mommies and I commend u standing up for your wishes and the best interests of your babies.  I would seriously tell them all where to stick it...including the dad if need be!!!
Thanks!!! Love that post!! I have argued with my husband over it a lot I finally told him I stay home with these kids and I will do what I wanna do lol!!  This is just number 3 for me but I hope the first two gave me enough experience to nurse this one at least 12 months!!