Breastfeeding Community
Thrush?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, breast and nipple care, feeding techniques, inadequate milk supply, nutrition, proper baby positioning, and work and travel issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Thrush?

I am trying to figure out if baby and I have thrush!?
Baby had white on his lips and tongue tho it looks better today. My nipples were killing me(not cracked) and I had a white spot on them (that went away) I get dull pains in my breast well after a feeding also..... ugh not sure what to do!
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
2020005_tn?1417986816
My son had thrush when he was about a month, he had white spots all over his mouth and was very irritable, wanted to eat constantly because it soothed the pain. I would call his doctor and have him checked before it gets too bad, you'll both be treated if he has it, good luck!
Blank
Here is an article by Dr. Jack Newman, a guru in the breastfeeding world.  (http://www.nbci.ca/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=73:using-gentian-violet&catid=5:information&Itemid=17)  You can treat thrush at home with Gentian Violet and it works pretty well.  If you are concerned I would take him into your pediatrician, he will give you something for the baby, I've just found that Gentian Violet will help with your breast pain best.
Good luck!
Sherri-IBCLC
www.successwithbreastfeeding.com
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breastfeeding Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity