Breastfeeding Community
Watery stools

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, breast and nipple care, feeding techniques, inadequate milk supply, nutrition, proper baby positioning, and work and travel issues.

Watery stools

My baby boy is 2 months old and is breastfed. Most of his stools r watery and yellow but I noticed they get even more watery and more frequent whenever I eat dairy. Tried to avoid dairy for few days and he got much better but I am having hard time retaining from all dairy. Anybody else faced this? Could it be due to something else too or just the sensitivity to dairy. Would he outgrow it soon?
I would eliminate it totally and then ad it in one thing at a time to see what specifically is bothering your baby.  Good luck.
I had this same problem, I had to eliminate dairy. If he got better than I would say it was that. Dairy sensitivity is coomon when breastfeeding.
*common
Thanks ladies. Wasn't sure how common it was.
My two month old son also has dairy intolerance and I have also found dairy hard to avoid. I was recommended to use lactaid or silk as a replacement and so far it has worked.