Breastfeeding Community
bfing
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, breast and nipple care, feeding techniques, inadequate milk supply, nutrition, proper baby positioning, and work and travel issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

bfing

I feel like I feed my daughter too much some days.  She'll cry like I haven't feed her all day but in actuality I feed her an hour ago for 30 minutes or so. I'll do everything I can before I feed her b/c I can't believr she's hungry again.   Anyone else have a similar problem? What did u do to fix it or should I just keep feefing her.
9 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
4484425_tn?1384231934
Its very possible she's going through a growth spurt. I would continue to feed her on demand. They say breastfed babies won't over eat so I wouldn't worry about that.
Blank
2020005_tn?1396821681
I agree, sounds like my daughters growth spurts! My doctor also said breastfed babies don't overeat, for some reason they are really good at knowing when they've had enough and stop.
Blank
3062924_tn?1350417709
Another growth spurt...yikes!!! She's growing so fast to quick.  She's gotta b 15 lbs by now.  I guess ill find out when I see my lc tomorrow
Blank
2020005_tn?1396821681
yup! 3 monthish is another one! try taking fenugreek!
Blank
889551_tn?1331946140
I feed on demand. And basically I feel like I'm feeding him every couple of hours usually. Some days I feel like I should just keep my breasts out bc he has decided to stay latched non stop. Lol. It's normal and bf babies eat more frequently than formula fed babies. Formula takes longer to digest than BM does. It does get frustrating at times when I'm in the middle of cooking dinner or trying to clean.
Blank
1330108_tn?1333680904
Trying wearing your baby in a carrier. Sometimes they nurse frequently to keep the closeness. Yes there are many growth spurts in the first six months of life. Do not use fenugreek unless nothing else is working, fenugreek would have to be weaned off of and can effect your supply by stopping it. It can be expensive if you can't wean off of it. I know women who have used it for a growth spurt and two years later and still stuck taking it.
Is your baby having enough wet and poop diapers?  That is the best indicator that they are getting enough to eat. Babies do eat very frequently at the beginning but as they get older they will become more effective at nursing so they will nurse shorter so 30 min nursing session may turn into a 10 min nursing session and time between nursing will increase :). They start out with such tiny tummy's so they need to eat very frequently but the tummy will grow.
Blank
3062924_tn?1350417709
Yes she has plenty of poop and pee In her diapers. Thanks ladie
Blank
287071_tn?1365196113
Depending on how old your baby is, she might be 'cluster feeding' if she's going through a growth spurt.  I know each of my kids have done this.  I always was sure to have some good nipple cream on hand b/c at times I became pretty uncomfortable!

When she's attached is she swallowing or just kind of chewing/sucking?  She might be using you as a pacifier. Depending on how old she is and your preferences, you could try introducing a pacifier and that might help some.

Best of luck!
Blank
My son is 7 weeks and is doing the same. It's s growth spurt. I find when he's going through a growth spurt he not only wants to eat very often but also just wants to be close to me for comfort. Just keep feeding her when she needs it. You'll see in s few days you'll get s nice break when she starts sleeping a lot after the spurt. Good luck!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breastfeeding Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...