Breastfeeding Community
bottles
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, breast and nipple care, feeding techniques, inadequate milk supply, nutrition, proper baby positioning, and work and travel issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

bottles

Its my first time breastfeeding and I was wondering do you have to use special bottles. I'm going to be going back to school and I was just wondering if I meed to buy some or if it was regular bottles. Thanks in advance
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
171768_tn?1324233699
all babies seem to have different preferences, so it's hard to say in advance which would work best for your little. In general, if you are both nursing and bottle feeding, it is recommended that you use a bottle with the slowest flow possible (start out with newborn flow). Some babies get used to the faster flow of bottles, get "lazy" and less willing to work for milk at the breast.
Blank
2031435_tn?1336012440
Im breastfeeding my 2month old boy and i too had to go back to school for 3hrs only. I bought my son the NUK bottles the nipple is way different or there is the momma bottles but each bottle cost $9. I use the two and my bby is taking them without a problem. Look up this bottles in the internet.
Blank
179530_tn?1368940203
I'm going to echo tiredbuthappy here. "Every baby is different." One of my babies took a bottle of breast milk and wouldn't give it up until her 2nd bday (horrible I know) and my second would never take a bottle (even though I returned to work 1 wk PP, we finger fed in the beginning weeks and ended up cup feeding) Bottles honestly don't ever even have to be offered. If a baby needs supplemented (preferably w/ breast milk) it can be done via cup or spoon.

It sounds like you're a wonderful mother for making future plans.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breastfeeding Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank