breastfeeding and periods
i am breastfeeding and im on ortho miconor and i have been on it now for 6 weeks and not had a period is this normal?
That's the mini pill, right? I think it's normal to have irregular or no periods on that pill, but more common is not having a period while breastfeeding if you are exclusively breastfeeding and still feeding overnight. My baby is nearly 8 mos old and I have not had a period yet.
When I was on the mini pill and breastfeeding my first dd, I didn't have a period for almost a year!  I'm not on the pill this time, but am breastfeeding, and I haven't had a period.  My baby is 6 months old.  It is normal!  Enjoy it while it lasts :)
I was on depo with my first for 6 mos, had  Mirena with the second, and nothing with the third and didn't get my period back until after a year. With all of them my period resumed when I was weaning.

So as others said, it could be either nursing or the mini-pill that is keeping af at bay.