breastfeeding twins
I'm still pregnant with twins and just wondering how that works when breastfeeding them? Will I produce more milk or will I need formula too? Do I pump more so if they're hungry at the same time one can have a breast n one can have a bottle?
I really would recommend setting up an appointment with a lactation consultant before you have your babies and have the same person on hand after they are born. it is possible to nurse both babies together with a little help positioning. if you nurse/pump for both from birth you should be able to produce enough for both babies. my friend nursed her twin girls, they basically had one breast each and were fed on demand. so sometimes together sometimes at different times.
I'm a breastfeeding mama of twincesses. It is totally possible to exclusively breastfeed with no formula supplements! It's hard work and you need good support to keep going, but totally worth it.

I found it was easier to feed together the first few weeks. But as they got bigger and all the guests returned home, I didn't like having to pick them up with one hand and get them positioned right. So I started feeding one after the other. Of course it meant more crying at times, but at that stage I coped better with the crying than with being scared of hurting them.

Once they could sit and had more body and head control I fed them together again. Today they are 2.5 yrs old and only have boobie 2-3 times a week. At one year I introduced Nido 1+, a growing up milk and some cow's milk. But breastmilk has always been their main source of milk.

If you have any more specific questions, please feel free to ask. I'd love to help as much as I can out of my own experience!