Breastfeeding Community
breastmilk hard to digest my 3 n half month baby

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, breast and nipple care, feeding techniques, inadequate milk supply, nutrition, proper baby positioning, and work and travel issues.

Hey moms
Plz help my 3 n half mnth baby had motion problm last 15 days..aftr exmin his stool.. dr suggest stop breast milk n gave him powdered form of milk...my milk is bit hard for my to digest..yesterdays follow up dr suggest to hospitlised him...which I dnt want..as he is very good  healthy n noughty baby..I dnt think it is hospitlisation is required..so I avoid it ..n took another pediatric suggetion ..were m givinghim new treatment..but he qlso suggest stop breast milk..which is very hard for me n my baby...m njoying feeding him...but now m feeling too guilty..plz help ..ny 1 faced this kind of problm...plz revert
I haven't had this problem no but I no its not the same but I got told to breastpump my milk and feed in a bottle and then got told to breastfeed and top up with sma,  sometimes they don't no what they on about :/ , u no whats best for ur baby not THEM. U do whatever u feel is ryt. I just sometimes say yeah I'll top him up then I don't because I know he doesnt need sma he healthy and alot of wet nappies so definitely getting enough breastmilk and putting on alot on of weight :). Whats motion problem if u ent mind me asking?
What was wrong with the baby's stool?  I've never heard of a dr recommending a mother stop breast feeding.  I'd be sure to ask lots of questions about why the dr recommends this.
I agree, it could be as simple as doing a lactose free diet to help the baby's stomach better digesting of breastmilk.
I agree with the others, breast milk is usually the best and most easily digested form of milk for babies unless they have a specific allergy. Even then it can often be that if mom eliminates the allergen from her diet baby will be okay. The only other reason I could see is if baby is allergic to all mammal milk and so needs to be switched to a soy based drink. If this is the case your doctor would have been very specific about this as an allergy to all mammal milk would be something that would be very important for to know for the future health of your child,
Hey
I got to know
Hey
I got to know
Hey
I got it,  the reason my baby' s motion..tht is   lactose intolarance. Hance dr stop bf. But now he is recovering fastly. And m bit relax coz I started feeding him again but only if he is cribing a lot or his sleeping time..dr said slowly increase bf n decrease powderd milk..so its relaxing think for me..thax friends for ur comments
Okay, if it is lactose intolerance you need to cut out dairy from your own diet whilst breastfeeding, you may find you are okay to drink lactose free milk and maybe even eat hard cheeses or yoghurt, eliminate all dairy at first then reintroduce into your diet slowly things like cheese, yoghurt a week or two between each food reintroduced to determine if they have any negative effect on your baby. My sisters son had a lactose intolerance but he is 13 months old now and has outgrown it as many babies do.