cold anf breastdeeding
Hi I had twins 5 weeks ago, they are premies so stayed at d hospital.they are coming out tomorrow. tonight we room in at d hospital. My son got a cold and pass it on to my husband and I. so it started monday for me...and i thought that by today it will.be gone....but not really....my runny nose and cough showed up myesterday. do you think im still contagious ? i  
  cannfeel its fading away....my hubby says im not contagious and d kids just had it....still have it...what do u think? sori for dbfirst post...was a mistake
I heard it's ok too bf while sick.  It helps to build up their immune system.  I'm not sure how true it is cuz last month I caught a cold n passed it on to my daughter.  But then again I always handle her which could also be y she got sick
You're pretty much contagious until your nose stops running. I had a cold when I delivered my son who was also a preemie. I was breast feeding him and my toddler also came down with the cold again bc I just passed it back to her. My son never caught it either time and it was bc of the antibodies in my breastmilk. Usually if they do catch a cold or the flu, it's less severe if a case if you are breastfeeding, but not always.
Always bf while sick unless you are taking medication that isn't compatible with bfing or your dr tells you not to. By the time you show symptoms of illness, you have already exposed your baby to it. You make antibodies when you and your baby have been exposed to something and it helps fight the illness.