Breastfeeding Community
growth spurt?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, breast and nipple care, feeding techniques, inadequate milk supply, nutrition, proper baby positioning, and work and travel issues.

growth spurt?

my daughter is about 3 and a half months and I'm wondering if this is typical of a growth spurt.
she eats all the time and we are exclusively breastfeeding but this week I have been very tired and very hungry all the time too.  Has this happened to anyone else?
aaaaw... everyday for me... smile
mine feeds on demand and boy durning the days... I would say an average of every 1.5hrs. and only one side.
she sleeps thru the night so I guess thats all good, but boy I pay for it durning the day. Thank Goodness Im not working.
my lo is turning 3months next week....
i feel that way all the time my daughter is 6m and 21 pounds and she is breast feed they sat the more she eat the more you should eat b/c she taking all noutrants from you .my nurse told me you should drink water or some kind of fruit juice whils you breast feed so that you dont get dehydrated
oh my gosh i drink an insane amount of water!  
I just started feeling weird because I've been hungry aaalllllllll the time and sleepy to the point where I have been sometimes unable to keep my eyes open and neither thing is normal for me.  I"m trying to be more aware of what I eat (as far as nutrition goes).
i've read about the 3month growth spurt but I thought she already went through it, but lately my usually happy babbling baby has been grouchy and sleepy and she eats and eats until it seems like I don't have anything more to feed her and then she fusses and cries. so i guess I'm seeking validation for what feels like overeating.  I just wanted to check myself against your responses to make sure I wasn't depressed or bored.
Growth spurts usually come at 6wks, 3m, 6m, 9m, 12m, and 18m. But, they can varry and every baby is different. It's totally normal for mom to get super hungry and tired during these times. I find that snacking (almost constantly) is the only way to keep up with the caloric demand. Oatmeal is a great food to increase milk supply and I have some with honey and milk as a bedtime snack during spurts. It fills me up and I have more milk throughout the night. Granola or cookies are another great source of oats. I've heard that sesame also increases milk.