help :(
so i have a month old, ive been really busy the last week so most days ive been feeding him formula because i haven't had time to breastfeed and he's been with other people a lot. tonight i sat down to pump, and its almost like a cloudy water coming out. definatley not milk :( what's going on? i hope I'm not drying up because things are finally settleing down and i want to keep breastfeeding. if i am, does anyone know how to get my production back up so thay doesn't happen?
Nurse as much as possible, pump afterwards if baby has formula, even if you don't get anything keep pumping. Drink lots of fluids. You can drink mothers milk or anOther milk aid tea from health food store. Milk does change as baby gets older. Whilst it is yellowIsh and thicker to start wIth as baby gets to a few weeks old it changes to a watery consistency and can range in colour from white to a light grey; all normal.
when i first start to pump it looks like cloudy water too, it has to fill the bottle a little bit before it looks like milk.  its also waterier in the beginning and thicker/richer towards the end.  id say just keep nursing and snuggling your baby :)
My milk is also cloudy looking water in the beginning my son is 6 weeks old..its normal :) your milk changes an because your baby changes its needs ..in the beginning there is still colostrum in it because your baby needs to poop out all the meconium so it looks yellow an is thicker ..mature milk is greyish blue ..the milk that comes out at first is high Lactose / sugar the milk at the end is thicker an higher fat ..make sure you are pumping/nursing long enough to get both out so there isn't an imbalance ...good luck :)