Breastfeeding Community
help me out
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, breast and nipple care, feeding techniques, inadequate milk supply, nutrition, proper baby positioning, and work and travel issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

help me out

Drinking while breast feeding is it wrong? And how long does it take for the milk to stop producing from the breast please don't judge me im a Ftm........ But please give me your opinions or experiences thanks in advance
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Yes its bad for baby, very bad. Everything that goes in ur body goes in babies body too. If u drink u should pump and dump till the alcohol is out of ur system. And if ur not feeding or pumping every few hrs or so then ur milk wil dry up in a short period of time.
Blank
Okay thank you so ma I appreciate it ;)
Blank
4548110_tn?1362310994
Yes, it's wrong. It takes about half an hour before the alcohol starts to get into your milk, so while you are having a drink at home or just before would probably be safe if you have eaten something recently. Of course, a weaker drink would mean less alcohol in your system, but be aware that as long as the alcohol is in your blood, it is also in your milk. Just make sure you aren't feeling the effects of the drink before you nurse. If you are impaired in any way by the alcohol, it's in your milk and will affect your baby.
Blank
Thank you ma :)
Blank
171768_tn?1324233699
My understanding is that whatever your BAC is, your milk has the same alcohol content. You can choose to do what you like with that information. My suggestion is that you ask your ped, OB, or lactation consultant. The responses may surprise you. For me, all of the above and the information provided by the hospital said that an occasional drink is OK. But, what is "occasional" and how much is too much? Many prefer to abstain completely because we don't know these answers.
Blank
Thanks for the feed backs ;)
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breastfeeding Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979