ichy nipples?
I have been breast feesing my daughter ever since she was born and its been three weeks already i was wondering why when i bf my nipples and whole breast itch...i just want to stop bf when it happens has this happened to any of yu bf moms any suggestions would help thanks:
it happens occasionally with me but my doc told me yesterday if tge nipple appears red or u get red knots on ur breast to call in necause its a sign of infection and itching is part of it but no need for alarm unless other things start happening with it.
It kept happening to me at first. Treated for thrush, did salt water rinses nothing helped.
Turns out I have something called Raynauds syndrome. After nursing my nipples would be white. It is worse when it's cold. The blood vessels contract and cut off the blood supply. When the weather warmed up it get better, now the cold is setting in again it's happenIng again. Just keeping my breast area warm helps or warm wheat bags if it gets bad.
Now I'm not saying you have this but if the usual treatments for thrush don't work then it might be worth investigating.
I have learnt to live with it!