introducing fruits and vegetables
i need advice as to when and how others have introduced fruits and vegetables into baby's diet while BF.  my son is almost 4 months, i am not necessarily rushing to do so, i have been exclusivly pumping, but i am just curious what others ahve done and when?
I didn't give my son solids until he was 8 months old.  I skipped cereal all together because babies are unable to absorb much nutrients from it and is only used a a "teaching" food really.

There are myths that say you should do veggies first because once they had fruit they will want only sweet foods.  This myth began to creep up once most babies switched to formula feeding.  Breastmilk itself is very sweet.

Introduce 1 new food per 7 days.  In the beginning they only need 1-2 tablespoons of food.  Too much food can cause them to not get enough calories from breastmilk/formula because they are already full.  I suggest you start off with avacado because it had a LOT of good fats that babies need.  From there introduce a new food of a different color each week.

It is a lot cheaper to make foods from home and just simply foods you are eating yourself.  For example if you have roasted carrots one night, steam some for baby as well.
I started my son on rice cereal at 5mos, he was (still is) a great eater.  I gave him cereal for about 2wks then introduced vegs (sweet potatoes, peas, green beans) all pureed of course...then followed with fruits.  This time around, my baby girl will be 6mos in a couple weeks, and I'm undecided to start her off on rice cereal or just begin with vegs.  I don't know if I'll even start her yet, she can't sit up on her own without support, and that is one of the few key signs they are ready for solids...Anyway, to answer your question it is suggested by the APA (AND only if your baby is ready) meaning, can sit up unsupported, shows a sucking/popping motion in their mouth, and consumes more than 35oz? of BM or formula daily, and shows an interest in you eating food (watches you eat) that they can start between 4-6months.  I'm not in a rush...she's thriving beautifully from BM...the food will always be there : )
I started pureed vegetables and some white fishes about 6 1/2 months.  Only very small amounts - maybe 1 tsp.  I also avoided cereal.  I think fruits and veges are far more nutritious than cereal.
i am going to skip the cereal for a while.

With my first, I did do cereal, although I waited until about 6 months. This little one is 5 months old, and just yesterday I started a tiny bit of squash- not even on a spoon but on my finger. I am trying to get her used to a little bit of solids so that I can get her reflux meds into her, since she is still screaming and spitting out more than half of it. She's getting maybe 1/8 to 1/4 tsp. I wanted to wait, but I gotta get the meds into her. Unfortunately, she's not too into it yet.