Breastfeeding Community
is this a clogged milk duct?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, breast and nipple care, feeding techniques, inadequate milk supply, nutrition, proper baby positioning, and work and travel issues.

is this a clogged milk duct?

I have been breast feeding for 3 and a half months.  About 1 week ago my left breast became swollen.  I was told it was a clogged duct more than likely and to just keep nursing, pumping, massaging etc.    I do not have a fever.  After 1 week it feels about the same.  It feels like a tube about half an inch thick going down my breast towards the nipple.  Any suggestions?
I would see your doctor, it definitely sounds like an infection of some sort and may need antibiotics. Good luck!
I agree w/ KTowne.  I have had Mastitis enough to where I know what it feels like REALLY early on, and I will nurse and pump like crazy.  But in the days when I didn't know what it was for sure, it would get bad enough and require antibiotics.  Sounds like it may be the case for you.  Def would get it checked out.

yes, definitely soundds like a clogged duct.  I get them too.  Very painful.  not necessarily infected.  Can you see any small white blister on your nipple itself. It is called a milk blister.   If you can that can be where the clogging is.  In this case take a sterilised needle and carefully break the blister.  Milk should then start coming out and the pain and hardness should ressolve.

If you can't see any milk blister  and this has already been a week, it may be time to visit your Dr. to check it out.
Hi Everyone,
Thank you for the responses.  I found out it's a lactating adenoma.