Aa
A
A
Close
milk supply
I was just wondering if ill ever beable to pump enough milk to have stored up? I mean i get a bottle here and there bit not enough for a whole day, i pump between feedings an it i miss one but i just dont sem to get alot.
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
127529_tn?1331844380
My best time, and only time I pump is first thing in the morning. My baby nurses on one side and at the same time I pump the other. Now a days (almost 9 month old baby) its the only way I get any milk with the pump. My body no longer responds to the pump without baby stimulating the let down.
I get 100mls each morning (when she was younger it was about 150 mls) and freeze this. I have done this every day since she was two weeks old. I currently have about 250 x 100 ml bags frozen. She still nurses so I mostly use them for her cereal but she has had the odd bottle here and there.
With an exclusivly nursing baby you probably will only get a few ounces a day extra with the pump unless you 'train' your body to make alot more by pumping in between feed on a frequent and regular basis. However a few ounces a day adds up over time.
Comment
Cancel
127529_tn?1331844380
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Ok thank you, and i usually do the same in the morning and through the night also.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
milk supply
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breastfeeding Community Resources