milk supply
I was just wondering if ill ever beable to pump enough milk to have stored up? I mean i get a bottle here and there bit not enough for a whole day, i pump between feedings an it i miss one but i just dont sem to get alot.
My best time, and only time I pump is first thing in the morning. My baby nurses on one side and at the same time I pump the other. Now a days (almost 9 month old baby) its the only way I get any milk with the pump. My body no longer responds to the pump without baby stimulating the let down.
I get 100mls each morning (when she was younger it was about 150 mls) and freeze this. I have done this every day since she was two weeks old. I currently have about 250 x 100 ml bags frozen. She still nurses so I mostly use them for her cereal but she has had the odd bottle here and there.
With an exclusivly nursing baby you probably will only get a few ounces a day extra with the pump unless you 'train' your body to make alot more by pumping in between feed on a frequent and regular basis. However a few ounces a day adds up over time.
Ok thank you, and i usually do the same in the morning and through the night also.