Breastfeeding Community
night leak and raspberry leaf tea

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, breast and nipple care, feeding techniques, inadequate milk supply, nutrition, proper baby positioning, and work and travel issues.

night leak and raspberry leaf tea

hello ladies,
this is my second pregnancy and things are a little different this time and i'd love to hear your thoughts.
i have had a breast reduction and with my first i wouldn't stay firm enough to latch so we used formula and i dried up. i had a touch of colostrum about a week before delivery.
i am currently 27 weeks and the last few nights when i wake up to go pee i have noticed a bit of leaking. its funny to me that its actually white though, i expected yellow for colostrum. anyway, its only from one breast and only at night and only a enough for me to feel that it is wet. also, i have noticed i am much warmer the last week too. are my hormones working on getting my body ready for baby and gearing up my temperature and that is helping my milk leak a little at night when i'm warmest under the blankets? i have noticed my areola's are much darker this pregnancy and i seem to be able to stay firmer longer. i would really love to breastfeed this time around and hope that these are all great signs that i might just be able to do that.
should i anticipate more leaking and leaking more during the day?
also, if you don't mind, i have heard that red raspberry leaf tea after birth is helpful with milk supply. has anyone else heard this or used the tea to help with supply? i worry that since i may have some closed ducts from my surgery that i may not have a great supply so am doing research now, when i have the time.
thanks ladies for any replies and for reading my long post.
Hi there im not sure about your other question but I have had breast surgery(lift with implants) and have successfully breastfed my little girl.  I will say I did have clogged ducts a lot more than with my other 2 before surgery but they easily resolved by letting my little one nurse alot on the affected side and pumping that side.  Just wanted to tell u that its definately possible! Either way good luck!
thanks for sharing your story! I appreciate hearing your experience. i am hoping that the milk i do produce this time will not go to waste again.