please help :( advice needed. .
I saw a lactation consultant today, i been reading thru out my entire pregnancy, and i been trying SOOO hard on the breastfeeding. . I want nothing more than to provide my baby girl with the best milk she can get but its sooo hard and painful most of the time. . I know its all about the latch and im working on it but still :( . . Will i feel better after the engorgement phase? Will it be easier and less painful? I dont wanna give up even tho it constantly runs thru my mind :( pls help. .
it does get easier. if you can stick it out the first couple weeks nd perfect the latch, it gets much easier.
I really am hoping so. . I get so close to quitting but then i back out and give her my breasts again. . I wanna keep trying. . Thanks so much for the comfort and reassurance (:
Same thing happened to me. I was in tears overtime I fed and baby was latching on properly but it hurt so much. It did get a lot better though after a week or two.
Thanks ((:
Yes it gets so much better! If it helps try to feed every 1 hr 1/2 that should help bring the engorement down and get your nipples more used to it. My LO latch got much better at abot 6-7 weeks old. stick it out momma! You can do it <3
ooh yeah, much easier, the first week or so is the hardest with the nipple tenderness, and engorgement, definitely feel every 1-3 hours and your breasts won't get so engorged, and your LO should be able to latch on easier!
Nipple guards work brilliantly as well. If all else fails pump and feed instead - at least she'll still be getting your milk. It does take a month or so to perfect it so don't give up you're doing a great job x