pumping
Hello Ladies,
I have a question about pumping. I work 6 hours a day and I pump twice while im at work. I usually get between 7-10oz which I feel isn't enough to last my little one while im at work. Should I pump at home also? I feel like I wouldn't know when to pump because he is always nursing lol. I did try pumping 3 times while im at work, but I seem to get the same amount. I don't want to supplement feed with formula, but he does get 2-4oz of it while im at work because my milk isn't enough. Please help!
I used to pump at home and freeze it but then I found out that my LO doesn't like frozen milk.  I guess she's spoiled.  Lol. But it could also mean ur LO is going though a growth spurt. If u do pump at home there Will always be enough milk for ur LO to get.
I had the same problem. I work 8 hrs a day and had to supplement ultimately. I am now trying mothers milk.tea to see if it increases my supply. Started Saturday and nothing just yet.
Do you feed the baby in the morning?  Try pumping after you feed the baby the first feeding - if your baby is sleeping a longer stretch they might not be emptying you out and you might be able to build a supply that way.  Make sure while you are at work to stay hydrated.  that might help make the difference between if you get 7 oz or if you get 10 oz.

Is your baby sleeping long stretches at night?  Frequently I wake in the middle of the night after 6 hrs or so to pump a little b/c i am so 'full'. I am able to pump 4 oz or so and go back to bed comfortably while still having enough of a supply left in me to feed my baby when she wakes up.  This has been a great way for me to build my frozen supply.
Thanks ladies (: