Breastfeeding Community
stopping pumping
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, breast and nipple care, feeding techniques, inadequate milk supply, nutrition, proper baby positioning, and work and travel issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

stopping pumping

so my son is almost 1 on 10/12/09, i have pumped exclus. since he was 3months.  over time bringing in formula due to supply dropping w/ work and busy sched. so missing or cutting back on pump sessions.  i stopped pumping over a week ago but this morning was wondering if it is bad for me to not get some of the left over milk out?  i pumped because my breast have been SLIGHTLY tender.  i got like 1-2 oz.  my supply was so low when i stopped last week, it literally took 2 or 3 days to get 1 or 2 6 oz bottles.  i have not had any leaking issues since i stopped at all either. so is it okay to just stop, or should i try to empty out aftwr a few days?  i am concerned if i try to empty out it isd just going to make me keep producing milk, and i am not in any real pain, just want to know if leaving the milk has any bad effects on my body? thanks for any info.  this is a great forum!! helped me soooo much when ryder was born!  on everyday and learned so much that helped me to continue on as long as i did! thank you!