thawing frozen milk
I read that fresh milk can be at room temp for several hours until used.  If you thaw milk out, can it be used after being at room temperature for several hours until the baby needs it or will it go bad?

Once thawed, the milk is good for several hours and should be used within the same day that it is thawed.  It won't go bad within a few hours.  However, if you aren't sure how soon the baby will need it, you can thaw it in the refridgerator and keep it there until the baby needs it (when you warm it a little) in a cup of hot water.

Baby won't drink milk that is bad.

Thawed milk should never be refrozen.

Does ths help.

I have heard that once at ROOM TEMP, previously frozen milk needs to be consumed within an hour. Basically, the antibacterial properties that fresh milk has which keeps it good at room temp when fresh are killed during the freezing process. At that point, i'd handle it like milk or formula. In the fridge, they say use it within 24 hours of being thawed. I thaw it in the fridge and just warm it when needed. To thaw it, i place it into a container of cool water and put the whole thing in the fridge. This thaws it quickly (within a couple of hours) but keeps it very cold. Ice forms around the outside of the bag but the milk thaws. it's kinda cool. *by the way- i always place the freezer bag into a ziplock since some brands leak. That way if the milkbag leaks, i can still recover the milk.
I agree w/ tiredbuthappy. I always have heard to use it w/ in an hour, and that's the rule I follow.