Burns Community
Burn on top of foot

Burns are damage to any body tissue that is caused by chemicals, electricity, flammable liquids, flammable gases, fire, heat, hot liquids, fire, radiation, steam or sunlight. Discuss topics including sunburns, rug burns, varying degrees of burns and how to treat them.

Burn on top of foot

I burnt my foot at the start of last August - a third degree burn with boiling water which resulted in severe blistering and all the skin coming off.

I had it drained about 2 weeks after and it seemed to heal quite well without getting infected within about 7-8 weeks.

It always looks worse when I get out the shower now or if I'm hot it always goes redder than usual.

It has started to look more purple and my foot is feeling achey (achy) and tight and like I need to keep flexing it as it is just uncomfy.

Is this normal?

It also goes bright bright red and itchy if I wear high heels - which now isn't often because of this.

I'm getting married in 4 weeks so have been putting bio oil on to try and reduce it's appearance.

Is there anything I can do to stop it from aching?

Is there anything I could be doing to stop it from being
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? What other symptoms are present? Deep burns can cause scarring and can also cause contractures-.when skin, muscles or tendons shorten and tighten, permanently pulling joints out of position. This can lead to associated pain. Keloids or ridged areas caused by an overgrowth of scar tissue may also be seen as well as limitation of  movement of the bones and joints. If it persists, it is best that you have this checked for proper evaluation and to rule out nerve issues also. Take care and best wishes on your wedding day. Best regards.
Hi how are you now? In my opinion you have to consult with some skin doctor.