Burns Community
Burn that hurts worse 7 days later

Burns are damage to any body tissue that is caused by chemicals, electricity, flammable liquids, flammable gases, fire, heat, hot liquids, fire, radiation, steam or sunlight. Discuss topics including sunburns, rug burns, varying degrees of burns and how to treat them.

Burn that hurts worse 7 days later

So last Sunday I spilt boiling soup on my abdomen. I ripped my clothes of turned on cold water and it seemed to help, well I didn't think it was that bad so I popped 2 Advil and went to sleep.... woke up 3 hrs later in the most horrid pain! Looked at my abdomen and it was a several blister that totaled the size of a kitchen tile. It was then that I went to the ER. they told me it was second degree burns to put silver sulfadiazine on it and keep it covered for 2 days then I could go back to work.. I did this and things started to feel better for like 3 days. Then that pain itself got 10x worse! I work in medicine so I asked the DR if the green/yellow crap from the bandage was infection she said no old skin I shouldn't worry. I asked about pain she said since I’m allergic to opiates there was nothing they could give me it would go away. Well 7 days later the pain is so bad I can barely stand to wear clothes, I spent half the morning throwing up but was told by a nurse I work with it's from pain, and the only thing that makes it feel better is pressure... I’m starting to worried idk if I need to see a dr or just chalk it up to healing?
Hi there!

The ‘green/ yellow crap’ could be pus and a sign of infection, though dead/ degraded sin would look similar. It would have been better to get it examined by somebody to be sure. I would suggest getting it examined by a doctor to evaluated the present condition and if you could be given some anesthetics to relieve the pain. Meanwhile you may try some Tylenol/ NSAIDS and see if it helps.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
i did see someone it wasn't infected but they made me see wound care told me it was way outside of a lay persons care... lol i only go there because i had 2 docs treating me and they thought maybe it was because i worked in medicine i was soo worried.it's funny when ur sick u always need someone to back ur **** up, and no one does. But once u work in medicine ppl just assume u know everything about everything. i keep telling ppl if its kidney failure of dialysis i got u but anything else i'm slow! just becausde ppl work in the field of medicine doesn't mean the understand everything!