Burns Expert Forum
Burned hand

This forum is for questions and support regarding burn issues such as: Hand burns, Pediatric Burns, Thermal burns, Electrical burns, Chemical burns, Radiation burns, Rehab/Recovery, Pain control, Psychological / Social Recovery, Scar Management, Smoke inhalation, Disaster Management, Skin and Soft Tissue Infections.

Burned hand
On Friday night boiling hot water was accidentally poured over the back (not the palm) of my left hand.  It is painful & is extremely itchy.  It is also starting to blister up.  Should I seek medical attention?  Please advise on what I can do to speed up the recovery.
Thank you
Yes.  Please seek medical attention.  A burned hand is a reason to not only see a doctor but a burn specialist.  Abnormal healing or scars on the hand can cause problems with function of the hand in the future.
A related discussion, BLISTER FROM BURN was started.
A related discussion, Burn Treatment was started.
A related discussion, Identifying burn type was started.