Burns Expert Forum
Burns from Cooking

This forum is for questions and support regarding burn issues such as: Hand burns, Pediatric Burns, Thermal burns, Electrical burns, Chemical burns, Radiation burns, Rehab/Recovery, Pain control, Psychological / Social Recovery, Scar Management, Smoke inhalation, Disaster Management, Skin and Soft Tissue Infections.

Burns from Cooking
Hi. Recently, I was deep frying some food. Out of nowhere, the oil in the pan just exploded and went everywhere. It burned my face and my arms. I was just wondering how long it will take for these burns to disappear. They aren't that bad but they are noticeable. Thanks.
I hope they're not bad.   Burns from cooking oil are typically VERY HOT and often are third degree and often need surgery.  If your woulds are second degree burns, it may take about 2 weeks for the wound to close and upto 4 weeks for the redness to fade away.  
A related discussion, How can we find the allergy thing was started.
A related discussion, second or third degree burn?? What to do was started.